Saturday, November 8, 2008

What we did today

Last night we went to mom and dads house where John helped me plant more flower bulbs. It was just more proof for their neighbors that I am in fact "The Midnight Gardener". Greg stayed the night (and will be spending tonight as well with his pops), so John and I headed out for an all day shopping trip. We didn't spend as much as you'd think though. We started at BJ's because John has known that I wanted to go back for more Corderoy pants (who buys pants at a wholesale club???). They had Jones Of New York for $22.99 and Levi's jeans for $19.99. To my surprise (and only after we got to the registers) the Jones of New Tork corderoy pants were on sale for $19.99 as well! Regular Retail price of $59.00. If anyone wants some we'll get you in! If you want Levi's they were normally $40.00. Huge savings and so comfy! Up next:
All of that walking around the huge wholesale club made us hungry (not to mention it was around 2 now, can we say Molly slept in??). Nevermind that I still want to fit into these pants that I just bought, we had a wonderful lunch. I highly reccomend the "Bella Burger" It is a turkey burger (John's is the best though) with Portabella mushrooms, swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle, and a special sauce. I recommend not getting the pickles on it though. I love pickles but their taste is so powerful it takes away from the yummy turkey and mushrooms.

Next we were off to Dicks sporting goods because as I'm sure you all know hunting season starts next weekend. John was laughing at me because I picked up a "deer call" (it makes a loud grunting noise) and started squeezing it and dancing around. Then I was driving him nuts because I was carrying his "racks" around and making the grating noise with them. I had to keep occupied since hunting shopping is not exactly my most favorite thing to do. The "racks" are these stick things that when they are rubbed or knocked together they sound like two male deer fighting over territory which will then attract the most dominant male deer in the area over to see what is going on at which point the hunter can then get the biggest buck.
And they say I don't pay attention!


Next off to Target. This was a pricier trip then I thought it would be since we were just supposed to look at "tube" TV's. We ended up finding cheap on sale king size flannel sheets, the much needed new shower head (since our last one cracked and was spraying the ceiling), and a couple of other little things. I love Target!
Note: Lots of penguin stuff is at Target... I love penguin stuff, so if any one feels the need to buy me gifts, this is a good place to start!




Now off to the Home Depot. They are having an awesome special on Christmas lights and stuff right now so I highly recommend going and picking some up. Greg has been dying for us to put lights up on the outside of the house, so we might just do that this year. The real reason that we were going was for the proper pipe fittings for the new shower head. The guy who lived here before us was an extremely tall man so the pipe going to the shower head was obnoxiously high (atleast it is obnoxious to my 5'4" self). We have changed the shower head before but never said pipe. This time John took pity on my shortness and decided to change it for me. While we were there I came across these indoor/outdoor lamps. Yes, there are lamps for the outside. I first saw these a few years ago and thought they were ridiculous. This particular one is really pretty with a scroll design base and I asked John if he wanted one. He told me to do whatever I wanted, so I decided I would buy all that they had. Unfortunately (or fortunately) they only had 2, so I grabbed both. They are normally $40 a piece but they were on sale for $4.80 a piece! That is my great find for the day. I am quite impressed with myself.



Now off to Wegmans to get some grocery shopping done. John wants to make Chicken and Dumplings for dinner tomorrow so we needed some supplies. We also spent some time in the book section. I didn't buy any but I wanted to!
So, that was our day. I am exhausted, but now it is time to watch a movie that we picked up while at Wegmans. Happy Saturday!!!





2 comments:

Polliwog said...

At first I thought I was watching a commercial for industrial-strength retailers. (Oh, and Cynthia still talks about you midnight gardening with blue koolaid).

Molly said...

Blue Koolaid??? Are you sure it was koolaid?

I do remember seeing her. Weren't they back from prom or something? That is too funny! I know that one year Heather called me while I was out flower shopping (at like 10pm) and we chatted the whole time I drove home and started gardening. She asked what I was doing and I told her I was planting. She thought I was nuts! Asked how I could do it in the dark. I laughed and said that I preferred it that way rather than with the sun beating down on me. Good thing I had hands-free. It made the whole thing a lot easier.

Speaking of industrial strength retailers... I think I should be on the payroll. I am advertising for them for free no less!