Sunday, November 16, 2008

This morning Greg requested that we have Puffy Pancakes for breakfast. OK, not a problem right? I go to Rachaels Recipe Blog and get the recipe, then we go into the kitchen and start cracking eggs in to the bowl. Greg went in to the fridge to get the milk, and points out that there is just a tiny bit in the bottom of the jug. Me still being in my jammies asks if he would be alright running into Hess for a gallon. He looks at me funny and asks how he is going to get there. I'll drive you of course! Ahhh, I decided to throw on some clothes (and clean up my racoon eyes) and take him to the grocery store since we needed more than just milk. So off to Wegmans on a weekend day, something I loathe.... but we got milk!

The proud chef, showing off his eggs and new gallon of milk. We actually got through the grocery store pretty fast. He would duck into areas that I couldn't get to without being rude, between big people and grab what we needed and then we would move on. Most of the time without people even noticing.


Look at how carefully he is measuring his milk!

He is whisking the eggs and milk. Excited for the breakfast he has been waiting for.

Carefully measuring his flour... He pretty much made this himself with minimal assistance from mom.

"Pinch of salt" He is pro having helped Aunt Rachael make it at her house on multiple occasions.

Now he is whisking it all and explaining to me that "Aunt Rachael says that this is the time to get as many lumps out as you can." Smart boy! (And he pays attention)

In goes the melted butter...

He wants every last drop!

Time to pour it into the pan! (I did grease it, my main responsibility).

The chef is making sure that everything is going as it should. (Or is he just that hungry???)
The finished product. (I did have to ask if this is how it is supposed to look before I took it out - since he is the expert)

The first bite.....
Yummy!
He is now in heaven. He has his puffy pancakes, his team is playing (and winning) on TV. What more could a little boy ask for? He did save a serving for breakfast tomorrow.












2 comments:

Rachael said...

I just saw your comment that you came to my recipe blog in search for puffy pancakes. Greg asks for that every time he sleeps over here. Great job making it! It looks beautiful. And I'm sure Greg was sooo excited. That's cute that he saved some for tomorrow. We usually eat the whole thing the first day! We must be little piggys.

I'm glad that Mina got to see her cousin Aiden. That was funny. I usually have Aiden or Izzy on my lap while I'm on the computer. Isabelle is usually a little more conscious, Aiden is usually curled up and overflowing off my lap. He makes my legs go to sleep while I'm working away.

miriam Case said...

Hi Molly,
Tell your handsome son that I hope I can see him the next time we come to Rochester. It would be good to see you, as well.