Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Few Good Flowers

These are some of my flowers that refuse to let go, no matter how nasty or nice the weather has gotten. This top one is a Zinnia that Greg planted as a seed for my Mothers Day gift this past year. It has been hanging on for dear life! I can't wait to see it next year. I always find that the second year around plants really start to get into their groove.

Here is some Beard Tongue that is still hanging on as well. I hate to hack them down when they are still blooming.
And this is my Scottish Harebell. I love when they pop up in the spring along with their matching colored friend of the Phlox persuasion. They look so pretty together and the phlox smells amazingly like lilacs! Too bad they can't stick around longer too!

So there are just a few of the survivors from "Molly's Garden Masacre" a week and a half ago. I just thought I'd share.



No comments: