Saturday, January 22, 2011

Just for fun

Just one more for your viewing pleasure. What a cutie this guy is! I absolutely had to have the hat that matched this outfit but of course by the time he was fitting into the outfit he was beginning to outgrow the hat! His doctor said at his 6 month checkup last week that he is just a "Big Guy". Big skull, big everything! He is certainly healthy, I will give him that! So, here are the stats from last weeks 6 month check.

21 lbs (top of the charts)
28.5 inches long (off the charts)
18.5 inch head (off the charts as well)

Did she say that he should cut back on food because he is too big? Nope! He isn't too big. Again, he is just a "Big Guy". She actually told us that we needed to add another meal of food into his daily schedule. He does love to eat his veggies! We actually started him on cereal and then introduced veggies. He didn't have any kind of fruit until he was well established on vegetables. It is said that once the sweet stuff is given they refuse vegetables (or atleast eat much less of them) then if they are given vegetables first for a while. He thoroughly enjoys vegetables every night, which we give him before anything else. Then we move on to either fruit or yogurt and sometimes both depending on how hungry he is. Sometimes we even mix in a little cereal with the fruit. Again depending on how hungry he is acting. I am still giving him both breast milk and formula, hoping to bring my milk supply back up so that he can enjoy breast milk exclusively (milk wise that is). Being "unemployed" should assist in the higher production of milk. Yippee!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Molly, John, Gregory & Jackson!

What great pictures!! I check your site fairly often to see what's new..so this was such a wonderful surprise to see so many beautiful pix!! Thank you so much for sharing them.

Your boys are fantastic - both of them are so adorable! (Hope Greg doesn't mind being called adorable!! but he is obviously a very special young man.)

Love to all of you! aunt Barb

Molly said...

HI!
I'm glad I could give you a nice surprise! I'm pretty much off all week this week. I'm between jobs at the moment.... I had to finish out my two weeks at my last place and now I am getting physicals, paperwork, and training out of the way for the new job so that has given me a lot of time at home this week and more time to get on to facebook and the blog. Hopefully I will be able to keep this up. I have to agree with you that my boys are fantastic! I'm very lucky and am almost afraid to have more because luck can't hit so many times in a row for one person! We will see though... Greg is adorable and I think as long as we don't say it in front of his friends we will be safe saying it. ;) Love to you, John, Grams, Richard, and Rocky too!!!