Saturday, February 28, 2009

Here are the pics! Please let me know what you think too!!

These pictures are front my first shopping trip with mom and Johns mom....

















This one was moms and Johns moms favorite of the trip. The lace is a short sleeved jacket that goes over the dress and goes all the way down, even longer than the dress. Very pretty!


This is the dress from the back.



Not sure about the sweetheart cut on the bodice.

Now we have a shot of the back of dress before the front. This is an ivory dress with another lace jacket that goes over the top only it is long sleeved.

I can't believe this one wasn't moms favorite. It is very victorian looking. Now the shopping trip with Mom, Rachael, Katie, Bev, and Erica...

I had to try on moms favorite dress again just so the girls would know what it looked like.




This is a new one. We thought mom might like this one. It had pink flowers on it with metallic threading.




Rachael as my camera woman was getting some great pictures of the detail on the dress.




Do you like the clothes pins???











A bolero jacket has been introduced to the dress to cover up "my girls".







This dress is so light and it was just a quick zip in the back and it was on!






One last dress before we go home for the evening.

I really liked the back on this one.


Please share your comments on what you think... I am currently losing weight so I'm nervous about ordering a dress that is too big, but at the same time, I am thankful that the bridal store sells "Assetts", their own version of "Spanx". I'm thinking I should buy them just for the trying on of the dresses. I can never tell if it is the dress I don't like or just me in the dress that I don't like. If I don't make a decision soon, this wedding might never take place!
Next weekend we are all going and looking for the bridesmaid dresses. Jenni (Johns sister) is flying up for the occasion!

8 comments:

Rachael said...

Isaac and I just looked at the pictures. We like the last one, we kinda like the second to last one. And we thought the wrap waist with the balero jacket was cute, but only with the jacket, otherwise we didn't like it as much. And we really didn't like the extra extra victorian lacy one.

Scrappycook said...

Hey Molly!
Here are my reviews - and I'll be blunt, because we are related and you are not allowed to get mad at me. I'm blunt with everyone.

First off, you definitely should be wearing some kind of girdle from below "the girls" to your knees. Not only does it take a few pounds off, it will make all of the dresses fit better. Who needs to breathe anyway?

Dress #1 - I like this one, the cut is slimming, I do not like the back.
Dress #2 - NO. The sleeves, while pretty are much too delicate to appear to be holding up "the girls".
Dress #3 - I would not go with a halter style dress because it draws too much attention to you upper arms. I never care to draw attention to my upper arms. The back is pretty.
Dress #4 - again, straps are too small for your "assets"
Dress #5 YES! Love this dress, love the back is beautiful, the delicate jacket hides your upper arms and the cut is slimming.
Dress #6 - just say no to the sweetheart neckline
Dress #7 - again, halters - not a good look
Dress #8 - I like this one in theory, but it is a bit much. It is a little matronly.
Dress #9 - meh. The bolero is too small for "the girls" and the dress does nothing for me.
Dress #10 - better halter, but still a no-no unless you are lifting a whole lot of weights. I like the detailing around the empire waist.
Dress #11 - YES! I love the style, it is very slimming, I love the neckline and the lacy capped sleeves and the back is beautiful!

Molly said...

Thank you guys! I always appreciate some good constructive critisism. I will take it all in. And Stacey, I don't know if I can lift enough weight to get rid of those upper arms! Even when I was a lot thinner they were still too big!

Rachael said...

I think we all agree on the last one, there you go!

Old Geezer said...

I hope that you don't mind me looking at your blog. I can't be blunt, but I like the gown with the pink flowers and the last one.
How are your cats? Do you have a lot of snow? We are supposed to have a big storm tonight and during most of Monday.
By the way, I am not "old geezer". Just the wife of old geezer-aka Isaac's mom-Miriam

Anonymous said...

I really like the last one too! Good Luck deciding. Love, Linda

Polliwog said...

Beautiful darlin', just beautiful! I can't wait until October. Isn't John not supposed to see the dress until the big day? Or did you find a way to restrict your blog from his view?

Aunt Barb said...

Molly, in case you happen to look at your blog:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Love,

Aunt Barb, Uncle John & Rocky (woof!)