Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures at Thanksgiving. Atleast not with my camera. I brought it with me at one point but Lindsay and Greg took it to make a movie only to return with it when the memory card was full. That seems to happen a lot when you are shooting video with it. I stole Rachaels camera on Thanksgiving Day and was snapping candid pictures with it, which prompted mom to yell at me. Something tells me she doesn't like her picture taken.. Or maybe it was because I was making a bright light flash in her eyes while she is trying to get this huge feast on the table for countless hungry tummies.... I wanted to capture the moment though.
Greg and John went to Johns parents house without me to spend some time with them on Thanksgiving. I joined them later. It was nice to have a chance to hang out with them and one of Johns aunts who joined us as well. It was too bad that we couldn't spend more time with them. We then headed over to mom and dads house to hang out with the family there. Heather and crew were there by the time we got there and Greg had a ton of fun hanging out with his cousins. He stayed over that night so that he could avoid Black Friday shopping with me the next day. He did it with me last year and decided it was better not to be with me so that I could buy stuff for him. John joined me instead. He actually skipped a day of hunting to go shopping with me instead. I am sad to say that we were not there at 4 am when the stores opened. We scoured the ads the night before and found nothing worth getting out of bed that early for. Maybe if we had a lot more money we would have gotten up to take advantage of a lesser priced flat screen TV, but we are realists and know that we can't afford it. On my brother-in-law (Isaac)'s word we went out at "the best time" 10am to do our shopping. That, let me tell you was not the best time! It wasn't anything like 4 or 5 am but it wasn't good! I had fun teasing Isaac about it. I suppose for a Black Friday it wasn't a bad time, but I think the best time would've been after all of the doorbusters were done, but at that point why would you be shopping, right???
John and I had fun together (and he kept me calm since I'm not a huge fan of crowds). We got a lot done and got a lot for our money. We headed over to mom and dads to hang out with the family after we ran out of money..... Good thing I paid bills before we left the house!
It was nice to see Heather and her family, even if it was for such a short time. I'm sorry I don't have pictures to share from their time here. I really wish there was a picture from when John and I stole Caitlyn over to the "kiddie" table (that was occupied by just me and John) and I got her to eat some of the thanksgiving yumminess. John helped with that too. She did a great job eating sweet potatoes, peas, a little turkey and a little mashed potatoes. She really liked the peas when I speared them onto the tines of the fork and she picked them off one at a time. She is growing up so fast and has quite the cute little personality. I enjoyed having a chance to get to know her a little better than I had last year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I've got the pictures you took on my blog. Most of them anyway. I definitely have the ones of mom and decided she wouldn't be happy if they got posted on the web. I could tell she wasn't too happy with you taking pictures of her cooking!
You can probably steal some of my pictures and I'll send you some, then you can post them on your blog.
Post a Comment