Here is the start of the tree...
I instructed Greg to keep the soft things toward the bottom since we have 3 furry ones who enjoy undecorating the tree. It sounds like moms kitties enjoy the same activity however they are willing to climb to reach any ornament you might put on the tree. I suppose we are lucky we don't have that issue.
This is a special ornament that Greg made for John a few years ago. It always takes a front row seat on our tree. Greg makes sure of it.








4 comments:
Your tree is beautiful! I love that last picture of Gregory. We decorated our tree Saturday night. Then last night we bought just a few more ornaments to put on there. We're slowly accumulating a nice stock of Christmas tree ornaments for our collection. However, all of my ornaments are plastic and lets just say it's not because of children or even cats! We almost picked up porcelain ones and thought twice (after I kept dropping the box) and put them back (unbroken). We still have to wrap Christmas presents. But I have now started the cookie making. I don't know if I ever did cookies for Christmas before, but it sounds so fun I had to join in and bake some. We're about to head out to the store for more baking supplies. Did you get my e-mail about the dates and recipes? Let me know. Merry Christmas!
Your tree looks great! I love that second to the last photo of Greg!
Did you go with a fake tree this year? Tisk, tisk. JK. Still looks great. You just need an evergreen scented candle now.
We did break down and buy a fake tree. I am so against fake trees but we just can't stomach the cost every year. Before we found Wilberts we were spending $60 or more every year, and when mom and dad still got real ones I always bought it for them and when Johns parents still got real trees he would buy theirs for them! That right there is the cost of a fake tree in one fell swoop! Mom and Dad and Johns Mom and Dad both switched to fake and now we have too! I think the amount of water the trees were drinking in the past few years were what did it for John. We do of course have the pine scented candle on the top of that black bookcase next to the tree. It smells so life like!! I was trying to find a pine scented plug-in to go behind the tree too but couldn't.
Post a Comment